Saint Mary’s Pro-Cathedral is proud of its living tradition of quality liturgical music, both classical and contemporary. Saint Mary’s Choral Society, a mixed adult Choir, was replaced in 1903 by the Palestrina Choir which continues as the main choir in residence of the Pro-Cathedral. In the wake of the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) an increased emphasis on congregational singing saw the introduction of Cantors in the liturgical life of the Pro-Cathedral. Initially this role was undertaken by priests of the parish but for some time now has been fulfilled mainly by lay Cantors. A contemporary liturgical music group Pro Nuova was formed in October 2004. Saint Mary’s Pro-Cathedral Girls’ Choir is the latest addition to the Pro-Cathedral’s music groupings having been inaugurated in May 2009.
Ms. Blanaid Murphy Director
Ms. Germaine Carlos Manager
Mr. David Grealy Organist
PRO NUOVA MUSIC GROUP email@example.com
Dr. Sharon Lyons Director firstname.lastname@example.org